Thursday, August 24, 2006
Thursday Thirteen
1. I got up about 3:30 this morning -- couldn't stay asleep, too much to do. But I've accomplished quite a bit.

2. I worked on a project that I can't mention because "someone" might be reading.

3. I folded a load of clothes and have another one in the dryer.

4. I paid all my bills. I still do this the old-fashioned way, with checks and envelopes and stamps. Getting money out of the ATM is as close as I'm going to get to "online banking."

5. I still have a few more things I need to get done today to be ready for our meeting with the architect tomorrow. The one I called previously strung me along for a month, then called me an hour before we were supposed to meet and told me he was over-scheduled and couldn't take the job. The thing that really bothered me about it was that he wasted so much of my time.

6. Guess I shouldn't count my chickens. I'd better wait and see if the new architect shows up tomorrow.

7. About 4:00 this morning, the Professor came limping out of the bedroom. He was trying to work out a leg cramp. He was dreaming that he was in a group working on a lunar exploration module, and they were trying to get the weight to an exact amount, since if it was too heavy it wouldn't drive, and if it was too light, it would float off into space. Someone test-drove the module right at the Professor, who jumped over it. Apparently he gets really involved in his dreams, because the jumping made his leg cramp, which woke him up.

8. I have some pretty detailed dreams, but I have never, ever dreamed about a lunar exploration module, have you? It amazes/amuses me that the Professor's dreams are always logical. Mine tend toward unrealistic things, like I'm having fun on the beach but suddenly I'm climbing a mountain, and it all seems to make perfect sense while I'm dreaming.

9. For the first 40 or so years of my life, there was always a man I was afraid of -- I mean, really afraid of -- and I had a lot of nightmares. I very seldom have a bad dream now. Occasionally, I dream that I am in the back seat of a car, talking merrily with other people, when I suddenly notice that no one is driving. Of course, that's when the car, which has been staying in the lane and maintaining speed, suddenly starts veering toward a cliff (which wasn't even there until I realized there was no driver!) I can never seem to climb over the seat and take control of the wheel in time, so I have to wake myself up. Even I can figure out that I have those dreams only when something in my life feels out of control. Other than that, a bad dream for me nowadays is that I find myself in a really dirty public restroom. No, I have no idea what that one means!

10. I expect to have some humdinger bad dreams when we start remodeling. I know that's going to be stressful. I think I'll let Stormii, my DIL, make most of the decisions for me. I trust her taste, and I can blame her if something goes wrong. (Just kidding about that last part.)

11. The Professor and I are going to Hanalei Hawaii for a few days over Labor Day. This is my favorite place on earth. I would move there in a heartbeat, but unfortunately Sylvester Stalone and Bette Midler and I-forget-who-else have discovered it and have run the price of land up beyond our means. It's not like I've ever seen these people around Hanalei, but I've been assured that they have homes there.

12. And, yes, that is Hanalei as in "the land called Hanalei" from Puff, the Magic Dragon. It is simply perfect, with a big half-moon bay on one side and mountains on the other. You have to cross a one-lane bridge to get there, which keeps the tour buses out. There are no hotels in town; we rent a garage apartment a half block off the beach when we go. In the mornings, I take my coffee down to the beach and watch the sun rise.

13. I can't start daydreaming about Hanalei yet; I have lots to do before we go. I've been dabbling back and forth between writing this and working, but it's time to get down to some serious work.

Happy Thursday, everyone!

posted at 6:58 AM
Comments (6)



6 Comments:
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#2 You made such a production out of it over the weekend- Then you mention it agian on your blog.... Had you been casual both times I would have never figured out you were doing anything... But I think I will enjoy it... i know I loved the last one till it fell apart.

;)

Sorry- But you gotta learn to be more casual about things.

Of course, I could be on the totally wrong track... But I think I know you better than that.

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do all my bills on line and i only use a debit card, i don't know if i would even remember how to write a cheque.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Star said...

Hanalei sounds like heaven. Enjoy! Online bill pay s so easy, and quick. If you tried it you would neveer go back to the ols way.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Tracy S said...

I can not WAIT until the remodel starts.. It is going to be so much fun. Well of Course I do not have to live there .. just clean and visit ..but you know.. the decorating part. We must take lots of pictures ya know. Lots of before and afters...lol

Oh and as for the name November.. No nickname.. Lil ones name has not been shortened ya know. Not ALL names require a shorter nickname..lol You know why November right? Your son came up with it and I fell in love as soon as I heard it. I have never seen it in a baby book or heard of anyone named November either... I am excited...

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

and one of my favorite songs:

Hanalei Moon:

When you see
Hanalei by moonlight
You will be
In heaven by the sea

Every breeze
Every wave will whisper
"You are mine,
Don't ever go away"

Hanalei
Hanalei moon
Is lighting beloved Kauai

Hanalei
Hanalei moon
Aloha no wau ia 'oe

Aloha,

Shane

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said...

How energetic you were Thurday! Good job! Thanks for visiting me.

O and Hawaii sounds so nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Wordless Wednesday: Spoiled?
Saturday Photo Hunt: Youth
Wordless Wednesday
Glad That Day Is Over!
Saturday Photo Hunt: Funny
Thursday Thirteen
Wordless Wednesday
One of Those Days
Saturday Photo Hunt: Money
Not-So-Pretty in Paper Mills



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: