Monday, September 25, 2006
Monday, Monday
I thought I'd take a minute to post, because I won't have another chance until Thursday. A big trade show is in town, and I will be busy from 7:00 AM to midnight for the next three days, and from 7:00 till late afternoon on Thursday. Lots of work, yes, but there will also be lots of hugs and jokes and good conversations, not to mention the sales leads.

I realized yesterday that I had completely worn out my favorite pair of shoes, so I did one of the things I hate the most: I went shoe shopping. The reason I hate it so much is that I wear a size 5 shoe -- try finding that anywhere. And because of my job, I have to have closed heels and closed toes, and if you've looked at shoes lately, you know they don't make them that way anymore. After a couple of stops at the inexpensive places, I gave up and went to Macy's, where I actually did find a pair of boots and a pair of shoes that I liked. I spent a ridiculous amount of money on them, but at least I don't have to go through that agony again, at least not for a while.

Ironically, when I had a job where I could wear dresses and high heels, the clothes and the shoes were so ugly (in my opinion) that I didn't want to buy them. Now that they are making some really attractive clothes and shoes, there is no point wasting money on something I'll never have a chance to wear. It's very frustrating. At least the manufacturers seem to have gotten beyond the belly shirts. I just need to find some pants with waistlines at the actual waist -- an odd concept, I know. But some of us no longer have those flat little bellies that look good peeking out between the shirt that's too short and the pants that are too far down. I call my condition Dunlop Syndrome: my belly done lopped over my belt.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week. I'll catch up with you all on Friday.

posted at 6:18 PM
Comments (3)



3 Comments:
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am *so* with you on the exposed waist thing. And I am completely confused about low-rise trousers (pants) - is the opposite of them high-rise? Or is that just blocks of flats? Pass that big sack over here, would you please? :)

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Star said...

Dunlop- that's cute. I am at that in between age- too old for "gap" and too young for the Womens Wear dept. at Macys. Havea good week!

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger gal artist said...

After having three kids no way am I showing my belly.

And I absolutely hate shoe shopping, for a woman I have very few pairs of shoes. I guess I ain't normal. Besides, I prefer to wear sneakers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Saturday Photo Hunt: Eyes
Thursday Thirteen
Wordless Wednesday
Saturday Photo Hunt: Looking Up
A Little More Aloha
Thursday Thirteen
Wordless Wednesday: For the Birds
Thursday Thirteen -- Part 1
Thursday Thirteen - Part 2
Wordless Wednesday



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: