Monday, October 01, 2007
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Kitchen

From the dining area. This will be a bar when it's done, where people can sit and talk but not get in my way as I'm cooking. (I tend to race around when I get in the groove and people have to be quick on their feet to get out of my way. But I do enjoy the company, so this should work well.)
The window is where the eating area will be. (Is?) You can see I've been experimenting with paint, to be sure I have the color I want. The big open cabinet on the right is for the ovens -- two of them! Convection! With 3 racks apiece! -- and the open cabinet on the bottom left is for the cooktop.

The sink will be under the window, with the diswasher to the right and a drawer for the trash can on the left. The carpenters sent me out to buy the trash can Thursday afternoon, but when I returned with it, they had gone and haven't been seen since. Sort of a snipe hunt for carpenters, I guess. You may notice some triangles stuck on the wall. I want a white tile backsplash with these decorative tiles interspersed. I had to put down a $100 deposit to bring the tiles home, and then they were stuck to the board and not removable. So I stuck the board on my copier, then cut out a bunch of the tile copies and taped them to the wall until I had a good idea of how far apart I want them. The cabinets are going to be white beadboard, except for the two beside the sink, which will have glass doors. The countertop will be a light gray silestone. I have an old butcherblock table that I will use as an island. The carpenter is going to build a new base for it with storage and I'm going to paint the bottom part corflower blue. So with my mustardy yellow walls, white cabinets and blue island, I hope I end up with a country French look. And if not, oh well, blue and yellow just happen to be my two favorite colors.
The stucco guys are here -- I need to go do a little supervision now.




posted at 10:15 AM
Comments (2)



2 Comments:
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stucco! Yay! Finally - this will be the biggest change (appearance wise) from the outside... can't wait to see the divots gone from the walls....

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks alot different than it did a week ago....just think, soon you won't have to make coffee in your bathroom anymore!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Driven to Poetry
Well, At Least My Life Is Interesting
Some Expensive Evening
Notes From the Front Lines
Coasters and Bathrooms and Meetings, Oh My!
Decisions, Decisions
Eclipse
Saturday Photo Hunt: Happy
Wordless Wednesday: Would You Dare?
Excuse Me, Do You Know Where I Am?



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: