Wednesday, October 05, 2005
I Feel Pretty -- Oh, So Pretty
Woo-hoo! Check out my new look! Did this take 20 years off my age, or what! My great and wonderful son Guppyman did this for me.

I like to indulge -- not spoil -- people. It makes me feel good to see their enjoyment of something I've made, bought, or done for them. I even bake for my customers -- which makes them glad to see me -- which makes them buy more -- which is going to make me either #1 or #2 salesman this year -- and as the only woman in the sales force this was a big goal.

However, I'm beginning to think I've gone too far in the indulging of four-legged creatures. I fed Princess & Squeakers, the guinea pigs, while Guppy & Storm were still evacuated. I thought the pellets & hay looked boring, so I bought them some cantaloupe & spinach, which I chopped up into small pieces for them. (Can you tell, I never had a guinea pig.) They were so hungry, or so I thought, that I filled up the bowl with spinach twice in one feeding. Well, they now know my voice, my scent, something, because when I walk in the room they get very excited & start squealing. They run to the food dish, just knowing I am going to bring them some better food. And this after only two days of feeding them!

One of our cats (we have 3) is named Rush. He was born in my house, but he was Guppy's cat for a long time, until it became apparent that Storm & Heather were allergic to cats. Well, Rush is the sweetest, most affectionate cat, so I like to indulge him sometimes. When I have a bowl of ice cream I always leave a little for him. The other night the Professor was having a bowl of cereal. As soon as Rush heard the spoon clink in the bowl, he came running and very insistently tried to eat out of that bowl. (He waits patiently till I am done, but maybe he figured the Professor wouldn't know to leave him anything.) The Professor has always told me I have a giant "S" (for Sucker) tatooed on my forehead, and all children can see it. Apparently animals can, too...

posted at 3:43 AM
Comments (7)



7 Comments:
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Star said...

The new look is very nice. Guppyman does nice work. I am really enjoying your travelouge and the pictures. How cool is it to say, "when we were in Transylvania..."

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger guppyman said...

Not sucker.... You've just got a kind heart.... Yeah yeah... that's the ticket.....

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Bridget Unnel said...

You've got a kitty named "Rush"? Any chance you have a gerbil named Peart or a parrot named Geddy? If not, then I will have to assume you didn't name kitty after the rock band from Toronto. :)

Guppyman sent me. I think you two are acquainted. I'm the Liberal Lefty he may have warned you about. :)

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Mitey Mite said...

Actually, as a Liberal Lefty myself, I named the cat Rush because he was so loud and always rooted to the right when nursing. I had no idea he would turn out to be such a sweetheart, so now I'll say he was named for the band...yeah, that's it, he was named for the band.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Blueyes said...

I think we're all suckers when it comes to the animals. When I had a guinea pig as a child it would do the same thing squealing when I came into the room because it was excited. I also used to leave ice cream, milk from ceral and yogurt for my cat but she wasn't patient, she'd be all up in your food to get it now before it's gone knowing full well I always left her some.

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

came here via your dil. congrats on your new blog, your son did an awesome job, it looks great. love your sandals!

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Bitch from Hell said...

looks great hun!!! geez guppy sure knows a lot about templates, i'll remember next time i mess mine real good to ask for his help. i just love your new one. glad you like hair removal... feel free to copy it and send about to your friends, it is quite funny. see you soon, have a great day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

We All Do It
The Great Train Caper
Here is one the places I've always wanted to see, ...
A Day in London
No Longer a Virgin -- My First Post



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: