Friday, May 26, 2006
Ten "M" Words
Wordnerd gave me the letter "M" last weekend. I am just getting around to thinking of 10 words and what they mean to me.

Mitey Mite -- This nickname was given to me by a boss, because I was very short, very thin, and very strong. And I'll have you know I am still very ... um, short.

Motherhood -- The best job I've ever had. I wish I had known when I was raising my kids the things I know now, but, whether or not I had much to do with it, they've all turned out to be responsible, creative, generous and delightful people.

M'Backe and Mwende -- My two newest children, the ones I sponsor through Christian Children's Fund. M'Backe lives in Senegal and Mwende, in Kenya.

Money -- This one is loaded with conflicts for me. Everything I've seen in life has convinced me that the love of money truly is the root of evil, but on the other hand, money is necessary; money is how you keep score; and you can do good things for others with money. I have never been materialistic, which is a good thing, since it's only been in the last few years that I've had any discretionary income. I would still rather spend my money on my kids, grandkids, charity, and the house, than on things for me.

Moon -- There are many levels to this one, too. Astrologically speaking, my ascendant is Moon Child. The Professor had several experiments around the moon back in the day -- did you know that there is moon dust?! And there is nothing to match a moon made huge by the water vapor in the air, rising over the bay and leaving a path in the water.

Monkey -- I was born in the year of the monkey according to the Chinese calendar. I have also been fascinated with the complex society of monkeys ever since I read Jane Goodall's books many, many years ago.

Moika -- I'm not sure if I spelled it right, but this is the Finnish word for "stew". (I learned this when I lived in Minneapolis -- another M word!) If I had to pick a favorite food, stew would be it. "Moika" is also a very satisfying word to say. It was my cuss word when my children were little and I didn't want them repeating the wrong things.

Majestic -- Although I am a woman of simple tastes, I love majestic things: mountains, soaring organ music in church, cathedrals, a grove of redwoods, a sky full of stars.

Mechanical engineering -- I was born twenty years too soon. When the aptitude tests in high school said my number one career pick should be mechanical engineering, everyone, including me, thought it was a joke. No one imagined a woman engineer back then. I have learned some engineering as it applies to the product I sell, and I have discovered that my ultimate comfort zone is in a group of M.E.'s.

Motorsports -- I am going to the Indianapolis 500 this weekend, as I do almost every year. This year our seats are behind pit row. Who knows, I may be on tv. And yes, of course I am rooting for Danica Patrick.

Have a very happy Memorial Day weekend, everyone!

posted at 7:14 AM
Comments (9)



9 Comments:
At 11:51 AM, Blogger gal artist said...

Good list!

Enjoy the races!!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Tracy S said...

Hey that is a pretty cool Meme ...Have fun at the races :)

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

Have a great weekend!
Here via Michele.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger shpprgrl said...

Hi miteymite! I just did the same thing....Wordnerd gave me the letter T. I love love love your template, colors, everything! Here from Michele's this morning...well almost afternoon. I slept until 10:30 so I'm off balance a bit! Have a great weekend!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger kimmyk said...

Great list! I did this list too-I got the letter K. It's harder than it seems.

Oh, Michele sent me.

Have a great [long] weekend!~

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Great List! I love your nickname....there was a little Vacuum Cleaner with that name and I bought one about 20 some odd years ago....It is still is FABULOUS! And it is everything your boss said you are!

Here from Michele today.

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great M list and I love your Mitey Mite name....

Your wordless pics below are very good too.

Michele sent me today!

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll look for you on tv, you'll be the ummm, short one;)

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I love this. I don't generally do memes, but this one seems to be filled with creative opportunity. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Wordless Wednesday: At the Circus
Just What Kind of Plant Is That, Anyway?
Is It Friday the 13th?
Say What???
Wordless Wednesday
Cereal and Cats
A Perfect Day
Lost in the Translation?
WWW (With Words Wednesday)
His Big Role



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: