Wednesday, November 29, 2006
A Congressman Grabbed My Breast!
Well, okay, the congressman in question is my dermatologist, and she's only in congress for a few weeks, serving out the remainder of Tom DeLay's term. And I asked her to check it because of a problem I'm having. But I just thought I'd give you a National Inquirer headline, since I'm sure it's the only opportunity I'll ever have to say that.

I've had a mole for years. She froze it off once, but it grew back. Last week it grew a bright red, itchy, burning circle around it, and started bleeding. (Sorry for the graphic details if you are squeamish.) It doesn't look anything like the pictures of malignant moles, but it was driving me crazy and scaring me half to death. The doctor took one swift look and said "Oh my god, I need to do a biopsy on that!" That certainly gave me a lot of comfort. NOT. She did the biopsy, whipped out the scissors, and cut the mole off.

I guess I was hoping she would say something like, oh that's just a ____, we see them all the time, nothing to worry about. Instead, she and the nurse were saying to each other in astonished tones things like HOW big? It's VERY scaly? It's BLEEDING?

Nothing was said or done to reassure me, but for some reason I've stopped being so scared. Things are always worse in your imagination. I was waiting for her to shout "Radiation! Chemo! Stat!" Instead I have to wait four weeks for the biopsy results, but it is such a busy season that I will have plenty of other things to think about.

And, anyway, is it not impressive that on her 62nd birthday, no less, Mitey Mite gets her boob grabbed by a congressman?

posted at 4:46 PM
Comments (9)



9 Comments:
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, congresswoman, it was a lesbian encounter. you make as well make that headline work for you!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Now THAT is something to tell your grandchildren about...when they get older, that is. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

(crossing my fingers that the biopsy will be ok!)

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger gal artist said...

Wow that was a shocker of a headline!

I was waiting for some juicy story.

I will be praying that it's nothing.

*hugs*

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

That is pretty cool! And I'm glad you're OK and able to write about the experience.

What a totally neat story! Definitely one for the ages.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

It's a good thing D. Cheney wasn't around Texas at the time like when he was hunting back then!! Ya never know where he'd aim those scissors of his!!!

IN all seriousness, I hope the biopsy results are negative, and you need NO treatments!!!

(PS...love your title for the entry today...it sure got me to reading!!! rofl)

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

Oh well.....crapola! I forgot to wish you a belated Happy Birthday!!!

Here I am....back, doing just that! Other than congress around your boobies all day, hope you celebrated in style!!

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope everything is ok!

Came by to wish you a belated Happy Birthday. Hope it was a good one :)

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Ally said...

I hope it comes back okay - I guess that if they had been really scared by it, they would have rushed you through for more tests?

And a belated Happy Birthday!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Star said...

Good headline. How does she find time to be a congreewman AND a dermatologist? I feel like such an under achiever. If she thought it was a problem, you wouldn't have to wait for 4 weeks. You wer brave to go. I ignore scary things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Wordless Wednesday
Once Upon a Mattress
Saturday Photo Hunt: Time
Wordless Wednesday
Words of Wisdom
The World's Easiest Quiz
Wordless Wednesday
Odds and Ends
The Numbers Test
Saturday Photo Hunt: Growth



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: