Tuesday, July 17, 2007
The Progress Continues
We have certainly had our share of problems: the electrical power failed in the underground line between the utility pole and the house; the tarp protecting the roof filled up with water and leaked all over the house; and in an apparently totally unrelated incident, the plumbing backed up. So maybe you can understand why I haven't been doing much blogging lately.

In some ways I feel like a dog: "The porch! My favorite place!" "The kitchen! My favorite place!" "The dining room! My favorite place!" But seeing my ideas turn into reality is such a thrill that I can stand and gaze at the (newly widened) back hall with rapture.

This used to be the master bedroom and is on its way to becoming the kitchen. The sink will be where that doorway is at the end of the room, and I will leave the window above as wide as it is now. This faces east -- I can see the bay -- and they've already built me a nice wide shelf for plants. You can see the framing of the pantry in the corner. When they cleared this room out enough for me to walk in it, I got out the blueprint and the sidewalk chalk and drew my counters out lifesize on the carpet. I am so glad I did that, because I ended up taking some room out of the breakfast area and putting it into the business end of the kitchen.

The Professor and I are squeezed into a couple of rooms. They tried hanging plastic to keep some of the dust out, but the plastic sheets would blow into the rooms, as my air conditioner air intake really sucks -- literally. So now we have zipper doors. At first the cats were afraid of them, but now they jump right through with no hesitation.

Monday we proceeded to this. Note that there is no roof. So of course it started to rain. It is now covered with plastic and we are waiting patiently for the workers to come back and put the roof on. Okay, maybe I'm lying about the patient part. I know that we have a long way to go and I have to stay calm, accepting and understanding about setbacks and interruptions, but there are moments ....




















posted at 5:06 AM
Comments (2)



2 Comments:
At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks way different than last time I was over there...

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They aren't done yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Saturday Photo Hunt: Shadow
Remodeling Update
Saturday Photo Hunt: Sweet
Wordless Wednesday
Making Progress
Rainy Monday
Trapped!
Wordless Wednesday:Stuff Everywhere!
Monday Musings
The Remodeling Begins



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: