Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Too Much on the Brain
My foot still hurts.  My systolic (top number) blood pressure is still high, though lower than it was a week ago, but the diastolic is normal to low.  I have several deadlines to meet, so I am once again up in the middle of the night to get the paperwork done.  But since it's all numbers -- annual territory review, monthly expense report, next year's forecast -- I figured it was time to take a break and use some words.  I am much more comfortable with words than with numbers.

Here is my schedule for the next few weeks:

Monday 8/4, fly to Portland for a "rehearsal" for the annual sales meeting.  Return to Houston on 8/7.

On Saturday 8/9, fly to Alaska for vacation.  Return 8/17

Sunday 8/24, fly to Baltimore for annual sales meeting.  Return on 8/28

Tuesday, 9/2, drive to New Orleans.  Return 9/5.

Monday 9/8 through Thursday, work annual trade show that goes all day and into the night.So that's part of what's waking me up in the middle of the night.  Too many things to keep straight in my head!  I'm also trying to figure out just what I want to see in Alaska.  Oh, and I think a cousin from New England is coming this weekend.  And my roots are gray.

I mentioned that we swapped our old laptops for new ones.  I even bought a mouse with -- TA DA -- horizontal scroll.  But I have this ancient Palm Pilot with over 2000 names, customer information, directions to plants, everything I need to know.  I call it my brain.  I had a series of difficulties trying to update my old Palm: I couldn't make a CD so I loaded the information on flash drive; the flash drive wouldn't work at all on one of the Professor's computers and the other one said I would have to buy some sofware before it would read it; when I got the new laptop it had no connection for the updating cradle; after several adaptors and software downloads I gave up and bought a new Palm.  Which took all the information from the flash drive.

Now here's what has my panties in a wad: they refuse to reimburse me for the new Palm.  It's not an "approved" gadget.  I don't know exactly how they expect salesmen to keep up with their contacts, except through Outlook -- and that helps you when you're out of the office HOW???  I guess I'm being bratty, but I don't care -- I will not load all these contact names into Outlook where everyone would have access to them.  They refuse to pay for something I use strictly for their business, I refuse to give them access to my data.  I know I can't win against a big corporation, but I can at least keep them from winning everything.  It makes me feel a little better, even if it's not especially rational.

posted at 4:10 AM
Comments (1)



1 Comments:
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Star said...

Do you get time to enjoy your pretty new home ? No wonder you are up at night. I am sure you won't win your Palm battle, but at least you have the self satisfaction of doing it your way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

You Put Your Right Foot In, You Put Your Right Foo...
Saturday Photo Hunt: Support
And Death Shall Have No Dominion
Pot Pourri
Catching Up
Throwing It Open To A Vote
I Have Been Selected!
Life Must Go On -- I Forget Just Why
In Memoriam
The Generations Come Together, Then Diverge



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: