Sunday, March 15, 2009
Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety-Jig
We're back from our trip and of course I have pictures and stories to tell. It would take some time to get it all down, so I think I'll just start out with our schedule and fill in from there.

Saturday -- We flew to Liberia, rented a car and had lunch at what turned out to be a nasty little place. They served "snacks" consisting of tortilla chips with mayonnaise and ketchup drizzled on top. I think Jess was getting sick before this, but this did her in! We had to stop the car for her more than once on our trip through the mountains to our hotel at Arenal Volcano. We were almost there when we ran into this:

Just a little mudslide across the road. Apparently this is nothing unusual, as several locals had shovels in their cars and started digging enough mud off the road so that cars could pass.

Sunday -- A hike to the La Fortuna waterfall in the morning and zip lines in the afternoon, followed by a soak in the hot springs-fed pool.

Monday -- White water rafting.

Tuesday -- Since the Arenal area was having its wettest dry season EVER, and since Monteverde Cloud Forest was having even MORE rain, we elected to drive through the cloud forest and further on south to Manuel Antonio, a small national park that has rain forest and beach together.

Wednesday -- Hiked through the rainforest. Had to find a hotel, as the one the night before could only accomodate us for one night. Story later about the incredible hotel where we ended up. Had lunch with the monkeys, played on the (private) beach, swam in the pool.

Thursday -- Catamaran ride, snorkeling, drove on up north to Tamarindo.

Friday -- Messed around on the beach at Tamarindo all day.

Saturday -- Back home again.

Doesn't look like much to list it out, but I promise you, we are all sore and sun burned and in need of rest.

D-Man -- Mr. Cool, Mr.-I-Never-Smile -- looked like this just before takeoff:

And I don't think that grin ever went away for the whole trip.

posted at 10:54 AM
Comments (3)



3 Comments:
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Star said...

You are without a doubt the oolest grandmother ever. had you been there before that you knew all the neat things to do? Nice looking kids btw.

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure wish I could see the pics...they have them blocked from my computer at work. I'd be interested in seeing all of them!

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I finally saw the grin. Still has a hollywood smile!! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

So Much To Do
Life With Yoda
Positively the Last Vacation Pictures (Maybe)
The End of the Trip
Helpless Little Kitten or Spawn of Satan?
The Mystery
More Prague
A Very Dobre Trip
I Want a New Face
A Little Too Much Caution?



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: