Monday, June 12, 2006
Monday Mutterings
Woo-hoo! I finished the report that has been haunting my sleep for a couple of weeks. And I was only two days late! The Professor tells me I take these things too seriously, but if you're going to do a forecast, you ought to do one that's close to accurate, right? Of course, what I felt like saying was, IF there are no major hurricanes on the Gulf Coast this summer, and IF there are no major terror attacks, and IF the price of oil falls lower, but not so low that the oil companies quit investing in capital expansions, and IF the factory can get the quotes out in a timely manner, and then ship the stuff when they're supposed to...then I think I can sell $XXX. (No, wait, make that $XXX,XXX,XXX.)

I am still de-flea-ing my house. We've started using Frontline on the cats, and it seems to work very well, but there are still some fleas who apparently fell into the carpet and have now built a very large city. We tried the bombs; the only thing they did was make the cats go off their feed. I got some powder that you brush down into the nap of the carpet. I was told to get a carpet rake to do it. Anyone remember the shag carpet of the 70's? -- I had a literal rake that attached to my vacuum to make the shag look good. (I should say, as good as shag could look.) But a carpet rake now is a very short-bristled broom. It is one heck of a workout to brush that stuff into a whole roomful of carpet. You have to move furniture, clean out the closets, the whole nine yards. I'm sure they would like for you to do your whole house at one time, but mine is being piecemealed as I find the time. But the rooms that I've done are so far flea-free.

Guppyman is asking me to give him a domain for his birthday. Like I know what a domain is! He has already moved off Blogger, and he has some wild scheme that he is going to host my blog. Let's see, if I give it to him, than I'm sorta the host of the one who's hosting me, right? This electronic stuff makes my head hurt! My main concern is that, darn, I finally learned which buttons to push and now he wants me to change. If it's mechanical, I'll take it apart and put it back together for fun; if it's electronic, I have no clue. So I'll throw it out for a vote: should I give Guppy a domain?

posted at 1:37 PM
Comments (10)



10 Comments:
At 5:32 PM, Blogger guppyman said...

YES! One vote for Yes!!!!!

And you don't have to move... You can stay on blogger as long as you like!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Tracy S said...

Another vote for yes.. Oh and guess what? I learned a great recipe for home made vinagrete( I am sure that is not spelled right) and I am going to try it out. If it is great I will have you over for a fresh salad and some fresh raspberry pecan vinagrette. I want to try strawberry too. Have you ever had strawberry? Or maybe orange?

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Loquacious Curmudgeon said...

A thousand times yes. Having one's own domain gives one a lot more freedom in designing a blog and in its content.

There's a whole pride of ownership thing, too.

And just think how neat it would be to not have to deal with blogger downtimes.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Red said...

I vote that guppy NEEDS his own domain!! So come on mom make a good son smile big on his birthday. :)

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Star said...

He seems like a good kid. I'd go for it. I'm just as confused about the whole domain thing as you. I let my daughter sort that all out. I just learn which buttons to push.

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yes!!! give him a domain ... you'll have MUCH more fun ... you'll love it. he'll tinker with things and break it ... but it'll be less often than blogger, for sure.

i've had my own domain since before i started blogging and it's well worth it!

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I say give him the domain and you stay with blogger. :)

Eh, just a thought.

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Ally said...

I go with Angie - give him a domain and you stay with blogger. At least until he's got it up and running and sorted out the glitches :).

We use frontline, too; but I also spray the carpets ('specially the place on top of the central heating pipes where they like to sleep) with a few drops of a solution of tea-tree and lavender essential oil, which seems to discourage the fleas-setting-up-home-in-the-carpet thing. Sympathies :/.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger gal artist said...

two years in a row I battled fleas, how I hate them. So far, so good this year though.

But then, I dont have carpets now, which I think helps.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Blueyes said...

Yes of course get him his own domain!!

RE: The carpet fleas.

Try some moth balls in the vacuum bag so they die when you vacuum them up and possibly break a few of the cedar moth balls ones up and toss around on the carpet. I had fleas in the upstairs extra bedroom when I first moved into a place and it killed them all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Scavenger Hunt: Community
Ramblings of a Road Warrior
Wordless Wednesday
Races and Ballet
Scavenger Hunt With Whine
Semi-Wordless Wednesday
In Memoriam
Ten "M" Words
Wordless Wednesday: At the Circus
Just What Kind of Plant Is That, Anyway?



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: