Monday, August 28, 2006
A Meeting of the Minds
Like all couples, the Professor and I see eye-to-eye on some things, and disagree vehemently on others. He likes to scuba dive; I like to dance. He likes opera; I like classic rock. He is a Republican; I am a Democrat. (In fact, the one time in my life I voted for a Republican for President was the one time in the Professor's life that he voted for a Democrat.) He doesn't notice color or furniture or flowers; they are very important to me. He always knows what the stock market and Mother Nature are doing; unless it's something dramatic, I could care less.

But we get along beautifully (most of the time) because we are both teenage boys at heart. Now this was a revelation to me. I never got to actually BE a teenage boy because, well, for openers -- I'm not male! And back when I was a teenager, girls had very few freedoms and any sort of independence or irreverence was frowned upon.

I realized all this on Saturday when we went to see Snakes on a Plane. When I first suggested it, the Professor went into one of his grown-up moods and ridiculed the idea, but after pondering it for a while, he decided to "indulge" me. Well, the audience consisted of us and about 50 teenage and pre-teen boys. We all laughed at the same places; we all said the famous line:"I'm so sick of these m----r f-----g snakes on this m----r f-----g plane!" It was hokey and ridiculous and I absolutely loved it ... and so did the Professor.

So I have decided to come out of the closet, so to speak, and embrace my teenage boy-ness. I will no longer be embarrassed that I enjoy some really tacky, even politically incorrect, humor. Just one thing is lacking. Can anyone teach us how to do armpit farts?

posted at 8:12 AM
Comments (2)



2 Comments:
At 9:29 PM, Blogger gal artist said...

Well I don't know how to do armpit farts, so I guess I can't help.

But I do have a sick, twisted fascination with Pauly Shore movies. They are just so dumb they are funny.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

I'll be right over to help w/the treehouse construction (rubbing hands together).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Ballunar Fest
Saturday Photo Hunt: Blue
Thursday Thirteen
Wordless Wednesday: Spoiled?
Saturday Photo Hunt: Youth
Wordless Wednesday
Glad That Day Is Over!
Saturday Photo Hunt: Funny
Thursday Thirteen
Wordless Wednesday



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: