Monday, December 18, 2006
The Real Me
Well, check me out! This lovely new layout was my birthday present from the wonderful Guppyman and Present Storm. For all the traveling and interesting things I get to do, this is the real me: a cozy little house with a porch and a picket fence and flowers, and, off where you can't see them, a few cats and kids purring and giggling and playing. Gag! I am SO boring, but what are you going to do. It's who I am.

When I was at the factory last week, I was at someone's desk, getting information from her. It was taking a long time, so I sat down on the floor. This really disturbed one of the men, who kept offering to get me a chair. I assured him that I am very comfortable on the floor, and that, while I can clean up and go to fancy places and behave myself, I can't do it for long. Next thing you know, my shoes are off and I'm sitting on the floor.

The last several days have been my usual Christmas routine:

Shop
Wrap
Bake
Repeat

I was almost done with the shopping part, but discovered a couple of adorable little girls who are going through a rough time, since their mother has apparently "given" them to their grandmother. I don't think these girls really lack for material things, but I do think some carefully chosen presents might help them to know that other people think they are valuable and worthwhile. Can you imagine the pain they must be feeling! My normal I-love-everybody-cause-it's-Christmas feeling does NOT extend to their mother.

Work is still busy, because customers discover money left in their budget, and if they don't spend it, the budget will be cut next year. There is always a mad rush this time of year.

As you can see, I really don't have anything to say, but I just had to post something to show off my new skin. Now I'm off to another round of shop, wrap, bake, repeat.

posted at 5:30 PM
Comments (8)



8 Comments:
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Star said...

Loely and cozy Mitey Kite. Relax and enjoy the new digs.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Beautiful!! Gup and Storm are the greatest!!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger gal artist said...

Oh those poor little girls, how can a mother do that?

I really do like your new look here, feels like, well, home.

I am totally done with the shopping, wrapping, and baking, for the first time ever in years, I am usually not done till Christmas Eve. I like this feeling of being done and now I can just sit and relax. And I even mailed the packages!!!

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger tiggerprr said...

Nice place you have here!

Grr to that mother. As the parent of a teenage girl, I can definately say there's times I've threatened to ship her off to parts unknown...but I'd never ever do it. Crazy! :(

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger Wendy Ann Edwina D'Cunha e Pereira said...

I'm over here from guppyman.... their present is really nice...

i guess that christmas routine is quite common these days... have a lvoely chritmas

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger MaR said...

What a lovely birthday present, I had to come over and see what they got for you!!
Merry Xmas to you and yours!

 
At 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely! And do you have any spare baked things you could pop in the post for me? I haven't even *started* that side of things! :).

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger -tnchick- said...

It looks fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

I'm Still Around!
Saturday Photo Hunt: Red
Wordless Wednesday
Saturday Photo Hunt: Lights
A Congressman Grabbed My Breast!
Wordless Wednesday
Once Upon a Mattress
Saturday Photo Hunt: Time
Wordless Wednesday
Words of Wisdom



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: