Monday, April 30, 2007
Le Puff, Le Pant
If you remember the old Pepe le Pew cartoons, you probably recall how, after running away from something or someone, he would pause, wipe his brow with his tail, and gasp "Le puff, le pant." Well, that is how I feel. Or maybe Sisyphus is a better analogy, because I never seem to get ahead. If I delete 30 emails to get my in box down below the threshhold where the You Are a Very Bad Person Whose Mailbox Is Over Limit message is generated, 35 new emails will come in. If I turn my back on a stack of papers that I am sorting, I swear the damn things procreate, and the pile is bigger when I get back to it. If I solve a problem for a customer, two more customers will call me with problems. My to-do list never gets any shorter.

Then there's the housework stuff. You expect dust bunnies to reproduce, but what are the towels doing in the dirty clothes basket? Do I need to move them into the light, or should I shelter my innocent little socks from towel sex? No, wait, socks don't need to be sheltered. Not only are they asexual, they apparently kill their young. I seldom get back all the socks I put into the load of laundry. And in a variant of the Wash the Car to Make it Rain trick, I have discovered that if you bend over the flower beds and pull weeds until you can barely stand up straight, you have just created an environment for a whole set of new weedsto thrive.

But I did accomplish one rare thing over the weekend: I made my 16 year old grandson, Skater Dude, laugh. The tv was tuned to a drag race, and all you could see in the closeup of the driver was beautiful eyes.

Skater Dude: There's a girl driving --- or is it just a very pretty guy?

Mitey Mite & Dolphin in unison: A guy wearing eye shadow?

Mitey Mite : Well, they DO call it a drag race.

posted at 5:52 AM
Comments (5)



5 Comments:
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Star said...

You still got it MM.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Tracy S said...

oh you guys and your bad puns..lol You are silly!!

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Mitey Mite said...

Is there such a thing as a good pun?

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Biker Betty said...

Your sock analogy had me laughing. I worked at a high school recently and one of the male teacher's wears eye makeup, I kid you not. I have subbed a couple of times and seen him more then once. I did the double take the first time, lol.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

That was funny.

A drag race....I'm laughing too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Wordless Wednesday
Saturday Photo Hunt: Steps
Wordless Wednesday
Brought to You by the Letter I
Saturday Photo Hunt: Hobby
I'm Ba-a-a-a-ack!
Gone for Awhile
Saturday Photo Hunt: Empty
Travel Tuesday: Sighisoara
Saturday Photo Hunt: Drink



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: