Monday, March 23, 2009
More Costa Rica
Lrt's see, I left the Professor bobbing in the El Toro River in Costa Rica.

Eventually, we rescued him.

The rest of the rafting trip looked pretty much like this:

I would do that every week, if I could. It is so exhilarating!

I mentioned earlier that this was the wettest dry season on record. The La Fortuna waterfall was a lovely, musical waterfall the last time I was there. The Professor and I waded in the quiet water around it. This is what it looked like this time:


We found the coolest thing -- a nest of baby hummingbirds. Look at the "y" of the tree. Just above the light color you will spot some beaks and eyes.

We left the Arenal area after 3 days because we were tired of being wet all the time. That's twice now that I have stayed at a lodge at the foot of the Arenal volcano and I still haven't seen the top of it. Eveyone else in the world gets to see the red rocks thrown out, but not me. Oh well. We drove down to Manuel Antonio, a very small national park which is basically a penisula of rainforest surrounded by ocean.

The animals are very used to humans so it's pretty easy to spot them.

Our first night there we stayed in a very nice cabin. The next night, as a gift of the Professor because it was WAY out of my budget, we stayed at an exquisite little hotel. The Professor and I had a suite that was almost as big as my first house: living room, bedroom, two bathrooms, one with a shower big enough to hold a whole basketball team, and a huge balcony with jacuzzi overlooking the Pacific. D-Man and Jess had to be content with a much smaller suite, living room, bedroom, only one bathroom and the jacuzzi on a patio that did not face the ocean. Poor babies. This was our favorite swimming pool:

There were two private beaches. One had a small restaurant and we watched monkeys playing all around us while we ate lunch. It was simply incredible there. I think we may have spoiled D-Man because when we left there and went up to the hotel on the beach at Tamarindo, which was supposed to be the grand finale of the trip, it was pretty obvious he did not like the hotel anywhere near as much.

But he rose to the occasion and managed to enjoy the beach!

posted at 3:38 AM
Comments (3)



3 Comments:
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Star said...

What great photos. In fact, who took a photo of the professor instead of giving hima hand into the boat?

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had to laugh when i saw your professor in the water! and that shot of the waterfall is absolutely gorgeous, wish i had the time and $$$ to do some travelling, gotta get these kids through school first, right?

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,can you e-mail your pics from your costa rica trip? Or put them on a disc for me? I'm dying to see them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Whitewater Rafting
Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety-Jig
So Much To Do
Life With Yoda
Positively the Last Vacation Pictures (Maybe)
The End of the Trip
Helpless Little Kitten or Spawn of Satan?
The Mystery
More Prague
A Very Dobre Trip



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: