Monday, October 10, 2005
Monday Morning Ramblings
Go Astros!!!!! What an incredible game that was yesterday. Actually, after 18 innings, that was an incredible two games.

I seem to have confused some people. Perhaps this is just a Texas expression. John Wayne toilet paper is that stuff that's so rough that only a manly man can stand to use it. (Attilla the Hun toilet paper was roughly akin to #8 grit sandpaper.)

I have to rant today. I just read an article about how Florida has successfully kept drilling for oil out of the eastern Gulf of Mexico, even though it is believed that the eastern Gulf has just as much oil as the western Gulf has. Now I am not a rape-and-pillage-the-environment type, but this particular subject has always gotten to me. It would be a tragedy if the beautiful reefs were damaged, but only 2% of offshore oil spills are from drilling & exploration vs. 32% from small boats and land runoff. The chances of environmental damage from oil drilling there are extremely small. But okay, you Florida people don't want to run the risk of one tarball on your beaches, fine. But then you should be willing to pay at least 50 cents more a gallon for your gas than the rest of the country does. Say that to someone from Florida and listen to them scream. That wouldn't be fair! Apparently fair is when they take no risks and have all the benefits. I could go into a long dissertation about the economic pressures on oil, but that's not my point. I cannot stand people who think they are too good to do something unpleasant but necessary. I might be able to respect them if they admitted that they consider themselves above "dirty work", but are willing to pay to have someone else do it. But when they insist that they are entitled to have everything their way, I see red.

Well! I seem to be starting my week off with a happy attitude! Hope everyone else is having a good beginning.

posted at 5:19 AM
Comments (5)



5 Comments:
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Mitey Mite - I never knew that about Florida! You have a unique point of view. I consider myself enlightened! Michele sent me.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger guppyman said...

One of the few things we agree on....

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Bitch from Hell said...

hiya girlie.... hope your weekend was well, haven't blogged since wednesday myself, as i caught the horrendous flu bug going around. feeling a bit better this morning... don't catch it!!! keep up on your vitamins this winter..... post a pic of you and the professor... then i know what you look like :)
**waves**
caralyn

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger guppyman said...

I know how you are about games....

Here's something to entertain you

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Ally said...

This is the thing I find difficult about the whole environmental thing - there ARE some very hard choices to be made, more as time goes on. Looking at the truth of the statistics and acting accordingly, rather than emotively, is surely the best way forward ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Transylvania
I Feel Pretty -- Oh, So Pretty
We All Do It
The Great Train Caper
Here is one the places I've always wanted to see, ...
A Day in London
No Longer a Virgin -- My First Post



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: