Monday, December 05, 2005
Echanging Tickets
I had tickets for the Saturday night performance of the Nutcracker. Unfortunately, the Little Angel woke up with a fever, so I decided to change the tickets to the following Saturday. (At the time, I thought the way was clear for everyone else; later, I learned that Kritter had a conflict, but that's a whole different story.) I was told to fax my request by noon, and someone would call me. By 1:30, I was getting panicky -- are we going to the ballet tonight or not?? -- so I called again. The conversation went like this:

I have four tickets in will-call for tonight's performance, but we have a sick kid. I faxed my request to change my tickets from tonight to next Saturday, but I haven't heard anything.

I can help you with that. Hold, please. [Nutcracker music.] Okay, I can help you now. Name?

I spell both names.

Could it be under any other name?

No.

Hold, please. [Nutcracker music] Do you have a confirmation number?

No.

Hold, please. [Nutcracker music.] Do you have the tickets?

No, they're in will-call. I said this in my fax.

Oh, I see. Hold, please. [Nutcracker music]

Ma'am, the person who is working on this is on the phone. Could I get your name and I'll have her call you back?

My name is still the same as the one I just gave you.

They just handed me your form, and yes, you are confirmed for four tickets for tonight's performance. You can pick them up at....

As I said in my fax, and again in this call, I'm trying to exchange tonight's tickets for next week because we have a sick child.

Oh, I can help you with that. Hold, please. [Nutcracker music.]

Eventually, she did exchange the tickets, but it took 34 minutes on the phone to do it, and both my Christmas spirit and my love of The Nutcracker Suite were stretched pretty thin by the time we were through.

On the bright side, I now know that if I ever lose my job, I won't have to be a greeter at Wal-Mart. I'm pretty sure I can handle ticket sales at the Houston Ballet!

posted at 9:40 AM
Comments (5)



5 Comments:
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Ally said...

So frustrating! Are going to write it up for us once you've been? And hope Little Angel is better ...

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well at least you made it on time and now have another job lined up, just in case;)
how was it, i guess we can expect a review soon?

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger WendyWings said...

I loveeeee the Nutcracker, hope you enjoyed your night.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Star said...

One of my best Xmas memories is the year I took my girls to see the Nutcracker! Enjoy. If you are lacking any Xmas spirit it will do the trick!

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

at least she was willing to help you . . . over and over and over and . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

A Stormii Day
It's My Birthday And I'll Cry If I Want To
A while back I was whining about having to go to a...
The Day the World Changed
Travel, travel, travel
Deep in the Heart of Kenya Part 2
She's Only Looking
Deep in the Heart of Kenya Part 1
Thunder Storms
Friday Ramblings



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: