Wednesday, December 21, 2005
We're on the Final Countdown

Three days to go, so much to do...

It's been pretty frantic lately. The trade show ended Thursday noon last week; I went Christmas shopping on Friday since I had put in three very long days. I think if I added up all the hours, they would still owe me a day or two -- but that's sales. Anyway, I got most of my shopping done, and am now working on stocking stuffers. I have a lot of stockings to stuff, as you can see.




The Little Angel had her Christmas pageant at church Saturday night and 3 services on Sunday. The Professor, my mother and I made the Saturday night program, along with most of the LA's relatives from her mother's side -- as one of them once commented, when LA gets up on stage, the whole family shows up. I tried to get some pictures Saturday night, but the lighting was very difficult and everything moved fast. I went back to the early service Sunday morning, this time with my video camera, and was able to get some good video. I don't have any pictures from the performance, but here are the LA, Guppy and my mother right afterwards.

Sunday afternoon the Professor & I tried to meet Guppy, Storm & the LA to see Narnia, but it was sold out by the time we got there. Driving home, I realized I was exhausted and lay down to take a nap. The next thing I knew, the Professor was waking me to talk to some strange woman standing in the middle of my living room. It wasn't until she sat down next to me that I realized it was my daughter, Dolphin! Did I mention I was sleeping really hard? Dolphin had a problem and all I could really do was listen. I hate more than anything to see my kids hurting. I'm cautiously optimistic that it will resolve itself. Anyway, she stayed until pretty late, and then when I had just fallen asleep I got a phone call.

I have been baking, baking, baking, and giving away plates of cookies to my customers. Yesterday I literally emptied all the cookie jars into a box and sent it off to the factory. Now I have to bake all the cookies one more time. But I have to keep those factory people happy; they can make or break me. I am also frantically making one more stocking -- too long and complicated a story to go into. I would show you the neat thing I made for Dolphin, but just in case she has this link, I will wait until after Christmas.

I'm still not sure of the head count, but it looks like about 18 for Christmas dinner. That is actually a smallish number for us, but it still takes a lot of cooking. I also make these sort of meat pies called pasties (that's pahs-ties, not pays-ties!) every Christmas Eve -- again, a lot of work, but they taste so good and it makes the kids feel so loved. (As well it should!) But even with all the work, I LOVE Christmas. This year was especially nice because I had a lot of opportunities to buy presents for people who weren't going to have a Christmas otherwise -- and it is so much more satisfying to buy things than to write a check to a charity. As I told the Professor a while back, we do-gooders are so happy when we can actually do good!

Not that I think anyone will be reading blogs in the next few days, but I'll try to do one more post to show you how I make money trees. I hate writing checks to people, it's way too impersonal, so I have given money inside balloons, tucked into stuffed animals, as coins made into sculptures -- but the money tree seems to be everyone's favorite. Although the first time I made one Guppy's comment was "And you always told me money didn't grow on trees!"

Just in case I don't get back here until after Christmas, I hope everyone has a wonderful, joyous holiday.

posted at 6:19 PM
Comments (2)



2 Comments:
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Star said...

Merry CHristmas Mitey Mite !

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Ally said...

Have a lovely christmas! Hope you get to see Narnia - I'm planning on going over the next couple of weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

End of a Tough Week
Tough Week Ahead!
How I Know There Is a Santa Claus
Echanging Tickets
A Stormii Day
It's My Birthday And I'll Cry If I Want To
A while back I was whining about having to go to a...
The Day the World Changed
Travel, travel, travel
Deep in the Heart of Kenya Part 2



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: