Thursday, January 04, 2007
Thursday Thirteen
1. I have been a terrible blogger lately, but I've noticed that most everyone else has, too. Imagine letting your real life take priority over blogging!

2. Somehow, though, I managed to do my 200th post a couple of days ago.

3. I have my days and nights mixed up, just like a newborn baby. I am still waking up in the middle of the night, so I get up and accomplish things. But then I'm so tired by 7:30 or 8:00 PM that I fall asleep, which makes me wake up early, which makes me fall asleep early...

4. I have almost all the Christmas decorations put away. Guppy and Stormii "organized" me a few years ago with big totes. I am not a tote person: they are heavy, hard to move, impossible to open without breaking fingernails, and you can't see what's in them. I thought I could eliminate one tote altogether, but I keep finding more things that need storage.

5. Some of the remodeling will involve lots of shelves and storage areas. I love shelves: you can see exactly what you have, you don't have to move anything to get to something else, and your fingernails stay intact.

6. On the 22nd of December, I had to pick up a hot order at the airport and drive it to my customer, about 100 miles away. I had been hounding the factory about it for quite a while, and I turned out to be the only way to get it there, or maybe just the least expensive way to get it there. Anyway, not being a dummy, I made sure my boss knew that I didn't get home until 9:30 at night, and that I had plenty of other things I needed to be doing instead.

7. A couple of days after Christmas, I received a $100 gift card from him, with a little note saying he appreciated the "special things" I do, and specifically mentioning my foray into hot-shot service.

8. Now I've mentioned many times that I'm boring (like you can't tell by reading.) Here is how wild and crazy I got with my gift card: a big magnifying glass that attaches to a table or embroidery frame so I can see the stitches, and a new pair of Reeboks. I think I have about $25 left, and I am really trying to think of something to buy that doesn't scream Little Old Lady. Any suggestions?

9. I did, however, score a $360 Anne Klein pantsuit for $70. When I got it home, I noticed the tag said it was a 3-piece outfit, but I only have the pants and jacket. Guess that's why it was such a good price. It looks fine to me. I'm happy.

10. Yesterday the Little Angel stayed with me. She brought her new book which had all kinds of gross projects. We settled on making edible eyeballs, and, in fact, improved on the recipe by adding bloodshot stripes to the whites of the eyes.

11. She really wanted to make Poop Soap, but it required soap-making supplies and I didn't want to drive to the craft store in the rain.

12. I told you the book was full of gross projects!

13. Do yourself a favor and go see "Pursuit of Happyness". Will Smith is a great actor, I think, and his kid is astonishing. Is acting talent hereditary?

posted at 3:30 AM
Comments (6)



6 Comments:
At 5:48 AM, Blogger gal artist said...

Yes, a lot of us have been terrible bloggers lately, it's not just you.

I fantasize about having storage space in my house. Although I really do like my house, I wish hubby's company would have given us more time so we could have looked around more. Needless to say, the shed in the yard is stuffed full.

 
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Storage space? What is that? Closets? Shelves? That is what my house is SEVERELY lacking.

I agree...Pursuit of Happyness was an awesome movie. One of the better ones I've seen in a long time.

And it should be called dookie soap, not poop soap.

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been getting bored with blogging lately too, and don't post everyday like I used to. I skipped SPH this past saturday, I don't post on monday and tuesday unless it's a special occassion. In fact I don't think there's too many doing monday memories anymore.

I haven't embroided in years. Maybe I should start again, but I think I gave all my hoops away.

Great TT! Thanks for stopping by.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger tiggerprr said...

I'm dying to see The Pursuit of Happyness! I'm going to have to drag hubby out and make him go.

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your new design! It is the cutest.

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm just getting back to blogging after more than a month!
i use those totes for storing lots of things, i also put tags on the outside of them so i know what's inside, i have them for every season and try and rotate them as i store them. the christmas ones are the worse though, i have so much stuff i had to buy huge ones and it's true, when they're full, they are almost impossible to move. i'm sure guppy would give you a hand to move them once they're full.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

I Did It! Have You Done It, Too?
Happy New Year!
Wordless Wednesday
Wordless Wednesday
The Real Me
I'm Still Around!
Saturday Photo Hunt: Red
Wordless Wednesday
Saturday Photo Hunt: Lights
A Congressman Grabbed My Breast!



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: