Thursday, January 11, 2007
Thursday Thirteen
1. This spam appeared in my junk mailbox: After taking one tablet you can easily get erect any time you'd like for two days. And after two days, you are once again walking on all fours?

2. Yes, I know I stole that concept from Guppyman.

3. I have been struggling with airline schedules for a couple of days. I have to go to Reno and Tulsa for business, and am trying to work out Disneyworld and Costa Rica for pleasure.

4. I have never before tried to do two grandchildren trips in one year. It will take a lot of money.

5. I hate to spend money.

6. I am so cheap ... er, frugal ... that I found myself arguing with a sales clerk over a 30 CENT overcharge. On top of that, I was getting reimbursed for the purchase. It didn't matter a bit, except for the principle.

7. I decided that if you're the kind of person who watches pennies, you will watch them no matter what the situation.

8. Besides, although I will give anyone the shirt off my back, it makes my blood boil when someone tries to take it.

9. My theory is that the single most important factor in a relationship is the attitude toward money. Not just spenders vs. savers, but the priorities.

10. My ex-husband was a spender. Of all the problems, and there were many, that was the worst one for me.

11. He blew his money on eating out at fast food places, on cokes and snacks and I-don't-know-what but he never had a thing to show for it. It drove me nuts. I brown-bagged it every day. Eventually I realized that he was blowing all the money I was saving.

12. After our divorce, I had much less actual money, and yet I felt like I had more money than I had ever had in my whole life. It was because I had control. The bills got paid, the groceries were bought, and then I considered things like clothing and movies. Like I said, priorities.

13. The Professor and I have the same attitude about money. We once -- I am not making this up -- spent 30 minutes repairing a clothespin! He is of Scotch descent and I am half Swiss, and we both figure that if something still works, no matter how out of date it is, or how many features it lacks, it would be wasteful to replace it. It's not the way most people think, but we get along very well because of it.

posted at 5:30 AM
Comments (1)



1 Comments:
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Ally said...

Oh, this resonates - 9, 11 and 12 particularly. I relish the fact that B and I have the same attitude to money, it's a joy. But if I hadn't had to live with the opposite, it would be a joy I couldn't appreciate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Wordless Wednesday
Thursday Thirteen
I Did It! Have You Done It, Too?
Happy New Year!
Wordless Wednesday
Wordless Wednesday
The Real Me
I'm Still Around!
Saturday Photo Hunt: Red
Wordless Wednesday



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: