Thursday, November 01, 2007
It Was a Treat!
Even after all these years, the Professor can still surprise me. I had pretty much written off doing anything about Halloween, considering the state of our yard and front porch. About 3:30, Prof started pestering me, that if we hurried we could clean off the porch and get candy for the trick or treaters. Of course, since he has that scowly, grumpy Crankshaft-type personality, he was somehow casting this as something he was doing strictly to humor me.


So I ran to Wal-Mart, which was completely out of Halloween candy (but had a good assortment of Christmas candy), then to Walgreen's where I was able to snag the last couple of bags of chocolate. When I got back, the Professor had not only swept the porch, he had dug out some solar lights and created a path through the lawn to the front door, so there would be no danger of kids tripping over construction debris.


I was charmed by his thoughtfulness so I suggested that I drag Esmeralda, the five foot tall green witch, out of the still-accessible Halloween tote. The Professor loved the idea, and we got a rocking chair out of the garage for Esmeralda to sit in. Rush came outside, took one look, and immediately jumped in Esmeralda's lap. But then some trick or treaters came and Rush tried to follow them down the street, so I had to put him in the house. Chula took over the lap-sitting. She refused to come in last night, and was still in Esmeralda's lap this morning.

We don't have a doorbell hooked up yet, but Prof asked where the creepy music, flashing eyes, "wel-l-l--come" door knocker was and I dug it out of the tote. We only have temporary doors right now, but the Professor attached that door knocker, anyway. Then he ended up sitting in a lawn chair on the porch, occasionally setting off the music and greeting when he thought it would impress / scare one of the trick or treaters.

Isn't it sweet and thoughtful of the Professor to pretend to enjoy Halloween so much, just for my benefit!


posted at 5:16 AM
Comments (3)



3 Comments:
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Star said...

That professor s quite the guy. Shame he didn't enjoy himself as well :>)

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Monica said...

Kudos to your professor. I like the witch and I love the cat because he/she looks just like my Honey. :)

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger deni said...

That's so cool, what a great guy you have.

I love that pic, that cat looks right at home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Funerals are for the Families
Made Me Laugh
Did I Really Say That?
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Kitchen
Driven to Poetry
Well, At Least My Life Is Interesting
Some Expensive Evening
Notes From the Front Lines
Coasters and Bathrooms and Meetings, Oh My!
Decisions, Decisions



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: