Friday, October 14, 2005
Friday's Flowers
My computer had a virus all week. I had to send it back to my company to get it fixed. Everything worked but the internet, but when so much stuff comes in not with an attachment, but with a link, it's hard to get things done. It is almost as hard to be without the computer as it is to be without the car.

Our temperatures have cooled down from the 90's to the 80's. It is gorgeous weather here, with not much humidity, and some of my flowers have perked back up.


This is my Confederate Rose, a plant I have yearned for for years. Guppyman & Storm gave it to me for Mother's Day. The leaves are a little droopy because hurricane Rita pushed it over sideways and I don't think the roots are completely doing their job yet. But bless its heart, it bloomed for me, anyway.

Here is a closeup of the flower. It's actually a form of hibiscus. There are lots of buds on this bush.

This is part of my garden, with a plumeria in front. It bloomed all last summer -- I swear I could have made leis every day -- but because we had snow at Christmas, it took all summer to grow big again. However, there are some plumeria buds on it now. The blue stuff next to it is plumbago. In the spring, you can hardly see the leaves, just a mass of blue flowers. The yellow behind it is called Texas Bells. It's a weed, er, I mean native. I have to go out all the time and prune it back and pull up seedlings or it would take over the entire garden.

This one is a purple sage. Every three or four weeks it will cover itself with these flowers.


This one is a hummingbird bush -- I believe the "real" name is hammalia. I promise you, there was a hummingbird drinking nectar when I pushed the button, but it was quicker than the shutter. I highly recommend this plant -- it's another weed, that spreads from its roots, but you can chop off the new plants and share them with friends. It's quick growing, blooms for months, and really does attract hummingbirds.

It's a wonderful, glorious Friday, the Astros are doing great, I had a good week (except for my computer), and I intend to have a great weekend. Hope everyone else has the same.


posted at 3:12 PM
Comments (6)



6 Comments:
At 4:15 PM, Blogger guppyman said...

Looking good! Glad to see you got things fixed!

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Beanhead said...

Beautiful!

I had a really long comment before but blogger ate it.

Hope you have a great weekend

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Chatty said...

beautiful flowers! We've had days for nine days straight, so it's nice to see sun and flowers for a change!

Michele sent me.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Maggie Lamarre said...

I luv gardening, but not weeding :)
Michele sent me have a great day.
Maggie

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Beanhead said...

Just wanted to let you know you have been tagged. Stop by my blog to see what you have to do...:)

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

cool blog design. looks like you're having fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Monday Morning Ramblings
Transylvania
I Feel Pretty -- Oh, So Pretty
We All Do It
The Great Train Caper
Here is one the places I've always wanted to see, ...
A Day in London
No Longer a Virgin -- My First Post



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: