Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Okay, I'm Almost Ready for Christmas Now!!!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I know I did. Having tried to squeeze so much into way too little time, and sleeping about 3 hours a night for weeks in a vain attempt to accomplish it all, made me a little schitzy, though. For example, I had found small bottles of Mexican vanilla to put in my daughters' and DIL's stockings. They were sitting on the island in my kitchen, and I noticed Guppyman snooping around them. I was afraid he would tell PresentStorm, so I took them out of the kitchen & hid them. Trouble was, on Christmas Eve I had no idea where I hid those bottles. I ransacked the house (which was pretty well ransacked even before I started) but could not find those bottles. So at dinner on Christmas Day, I told the girls about their missing bottles of Mexican vanilla, and assured them I would eventually find them. As we were opening presents, Stormii said "Oh look, there's a bottle of Mexican vanilla hidden in my stocking." All the bottles were in their proper place, but even now I have no memory of putting them there.

Unfotunately, today I did this same memory trick with my glasses. They are either in the dressing room at Foley's, or in the ski glove section of Academy, or possibly somewhere in my house where I never put them. I have searched all 3 places, and left my name & number at the stores, but I think tomorrow I will go get a new pair of glasses. Apparently I still have too much on my mind.

Yesterday we drove to Austin to deliver Christmas presents to the Professor's son & family. The little one was sick on Christmas Eve, so they couldn't be with us. We will be gone over New Year's weekend, and they will be gone the next two weekends, so it was now or never. We only got to stay about 40 minutes (which, considering the impossible mood the baby was in, was actually a lo-o-o-ong time) because we had to be in Lake Jackson for the Professor's grandson's birthday that evening. We drove about 500 miles yesterday, but, you know, after the marathon days I've been putting in, it was like a day of total rest.


This is the present I made for Dolphin.
11,897 pieces of yarn -- but who's counting.
She loved it, and that's what mattered. If it had been anyone else, I'm not sure I could have parted with it. She came by her love of nutcrackers honestly.








I did a little shopping today, tomorrow I have to clear up a bunch of paperwork that I sort of ignored before Christmas, plus I have customers calling and emailing even though we're "officially" not working between Christmas & New Year's. On Thursday I will have to take down all the decorations that I just finished putting up, and on Friday we're leaving for Switzerland to ski. We'll be back on the 4th; on the 10th I have to go to Baltimore, and on the 17th, to New Orleans, so it doesn't look like things will be slowing down anytime soon. Anyone know how to keep your memory working when your brain gets so overloaded?

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and will have a wonderful New Year.

posted at 6:53 PM
Comments (2)



2 Comments:
At 7:18 AM, Blogger rauf said...

Yes Mitey Mite, Thank you, We had a wonderful time, lots of eats though I do not celeberate, I love to join the celeberation, I was invited over by many friends here in Chennai.

thank heavens this Christmas passed with out any disaster like the last.
Your page looks so beautiful, reflects your personality, still a child at heart. I am smiling. I have replied to your comment on my page, your comments would be most valuable to me, I have to take a Steinbeck reader very seriously.

Thanks for stepping in Mitey Mite
Happy Holidays, please don't over work yourself. I am not half as serious as I sound in my pages.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Beanhead said...

sounds like a perfect christmas.

I hope you enjoy your time in switzerland skiing. I know I am looking forward to the pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Money Trees & Merry Christmas!
We're on the Final Countdown
End of a Tough Week
Tough Week Ahead!
How I Know There Is a Santa Claus
Echanging Tickets
A Stormii Day
It's My Birthday And I'll Cry If I Want To
A while back I was whining about having to go to a...
The Day the World Changed



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: