Tuesday, February 07, 2006
On the Road Again
I spent a good part of the day getting to DeRidder LA, a small town literally in the middle of nowhere. There are no major highways coming into town. I stay on the Texas side for as long as possible, since the speed limit is 70 in Texas and 55 in Louisiana. This means I end up on small winding roads with an occasional house, certainly no stores or gas stations. I always worry that I'll have a flat tire. I am capable of changing one, but, just between us, I prefer not to!

I'll be here for a couple of days, visiting paper mills. I'll get home a few hours after the Professor leaves for a dive trip to the Phillipines. This happens to us fairly often.

I am anxiously awaiting a call from Guppyman to tell me the results of Stormii's MRI. I frankly can't think about much else.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went to dinner, and Guppy called me while I was eating. Stormii has been referred to another doctor, this one in the famous Houston medical center. No one seems to think that her life is in danger or anything, but this doctor thought it was beyond his abilities. It may well be that the cysts can be drained, but Dr. #1 thought that in case surgery will be needed, Dr. #2 should do the dye injection and get all the information first hand. Dr. #1 seems to think the cyst is attached to the kidney, and asked Stormii to let him know how it works out. Apparently a cyst this size is pretty rare. I could hear Stormii in the background saying "I'm a freak of nature!"

She is one of a kind, but hardly a freak.

To illustrate just how much she is one of a kind, Stormii is not going to Dr. #2 until after the 15th because .... you won't believe this ... she has inventory on the 15th. Do you hear that, Stormii's bosses? Would any of you be so dedicated? They had better bring her a steady stream of mocha lattes and bon bons, and give her a huge raise.

I guess we need your prayers for another week.

posted at 5:48 PM
Comments (5)



5 Comments:
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Tracy S said...

WOOO HOOO I will definetly take the mochas...bring em on :)

Thank you for your continued support and kind words ...

I love you !!! You are the best:)

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I know you have to be worried, Mom's are like that you know. I hope everything goes well. I will keep her in my prayers.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger gal artist said...

I'm definatately praying!!

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

keeping her in my prayers, sounds like she's getting proper care.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger carmilevy said...

She - and you - are front-and-centre in my thoughts and prayers. Sometimes, I wonder why the good ones are tested so often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Blogman and HD and Stormii, Oh My
Happy Birthday PresentStorm!
The Blues and the Blahs
I Learn Something Every Day
Sighisoara Romania
The Fourth Amendment
Watch Out for This Guy!
New Orleans
Gotta Have Priorities
My MLK Post



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: