Friday, February 03, 2006
Happy Birthday PresentStorm!
Today is PresentStorm's birthday. Go over and wish her a happy one.

Stormii has been such a blessing to us all. She is the best thing that ever happened to Guppyman and the Little Angel. She has brought peace and harmony and joy to their home. Her faith in God is so awesome, it sustains her through anything and everything that life throws at her. When things are rough, she doesn't complain, she says the difficulty is teaching her a valuable lesson.

Stormii is outgoing, caring, giving and generous. If you have a problem, she will pray for you, whether or not she knows you. If she knows you and likes you, she will do little thoughtful things for you. She is not one to run into the store and buy just any old thing to fulfill an obligation to give a present. She puts a lot of thought into it, and she puts a lot of herself into it.
And she appreciates what people do for her.

Stormii and Guppy met on the internet, but the relationship was obviously made in heaven. I remember their first Christmas together, when we were playing Cranium. Their exchanges went something like this:

Guppy: It's red.
Stormii (staring deep into his eyes): The... umm... oh, a red stripe on the American flag.

I have never seen two people who seem to read each other's minds so readily. They never seem to get bored with each other, they never seem to need a break from each other.

Did I mention she's a great cook? You should see all the men in the family lining up for her specialties. She also has an amazing sense of color and balance. I will barely hang a picture without her input.

Now the acid test of a DIL is: would I like this woman if she weren't married to my son? Yes, yes, yes! She is intelligent and funny and easy to talk to. We don't have to argue and fight where we disagree on things; we can respect each other's beliefs. My mother, who is an amazing judge of character, took one look at Stormii and loved her.

So please everyone go wish her a very happy birthday. I know I do.

posted at 5:49 AM
Comments (5)



5 Comments:
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Star said...

I did go wish her a happy one. I think your post will probably be one of her best presents!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger guppyman said...

So.... Are you saying you like her?

:)

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Tracy S said...

I am going to try this one more time and see if it eats my comment once again.

I got chocked up at this post ..It really did make my day.I knew you liked me but you never really KNOW exactly what someone thinks of you until they tell you or write something this beautiful about you .I want to thank you :)

I love you , Stormii

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

feelin' the warmth and love. You guys win blog family of the year. Let me know where to vote.

cheers,

Shane

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

You are lucky to have such a sweet daughter in Law...Happy Birthday to her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

The Blues and the Blahs
I Learn Something Every Day
Sighisoara Romania
The Fourth Amendment
Watch Out for This Guy!
New Orleans
Gotta Have Priorities
My MLK Post
Giving Thanks
The Trouble With Taxis



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: