Monday, June 19, 2006
Another Week, Another Trip
The Professor went off to Mongolia, of all places, and lucky me, I'm back in Baton Rouge. I really don't mind. Mongolia has never been in my top ten places to see. The Professor, on the other hand, intends to see the entire world before he dies, and he was really excited about this trip. He even borrowed my camera, the video camera, the charger, the adaptor plugs and my binoculars, things he's been leaving behind on previous trips. There was something about dinosaur eggs that got him so fired up.

The Professor cleaned all his junk out of the bedroom last week. You have to know this man to believe it: he has maps, and aeronautical maps, and scientific journals, and old copies of Playboy, and tools, and old tapes and files from moon experiments, and currency from a zillion different countries, and stock folders, and ... I could go on, but I think you get the idea. He goes beserk if I touch his stuff, so it's been gradually spreading out from one corner until I didn't know how he could get to his dresser. Well, he didn't just move it from one room to another, which is what he usually does, he actually THREW THINGS AWAY. Now this is such a rare event that I figured it would probably rain money.

It rained, all right, only it wasn't money. We are fortunate to live near Galveston Bay, where the water has a place to go. A good part of Houston flooded badly. I waited until early afternoon to leave town, because I wasn't sure I'd be able to get out of town until then. The further east I went, the drier it got, and soon I was back in bright sunshine -- until I got to Baton Rouge, where I was greeted by another thunder storm. Oh well, they need the rain.

You know, the last time the Professor took a trip in June, Houston had a little tropical storm name Allison. That was the one that floated fully loaded tanker trucks up onto the concrete median barriers. I think I see a connection here.

Guppy, Stormii, the Little Angel and I went to see Cars yesterday. What a cute movie! I think anyone would enjoy it, but especially if you're old enough to remember Route 66, do yourself a favor and go see it. They even used the song Sha-Boom in it, and that's one I never thought I would hear again. (If you know what I'm talking about, I know how old you are!) I intend to go see it again with the Professor and my mother, and we won't even have to take a child along for cover.

posted at 9:24 PM
Comments (2)



2 Comments:
At 9:59 PM, Blogger guppyman said...

BTW- Your ceiling fell onto the floor....

I took pictures if you want em.....

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Star said...

Sha-boom! Life would be a dream. I am surprised to hear you passed up a trip to Mongolia, even if it's not tops on your list. I am sure the Professors cleaning binge was what prompted your celing to fall. Sorry about that. Hope it isn't too messy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Saturday Photo Hunt: Sports
Random Thoughts on a Friday
Thursday Thirteen
Wordless Wednesday
Monday Mutterings
Scavenger Hunt: Community
Ramblings of a Road Warrior
Wordless Wednesday
Races and Ballet
Scavenger Hunt With Whine



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: