Monday, July 17, 2006
Fun Weekend
The Professor and I set off early Saturday morning to go tubing in New Braunfels. We had to stop at Black's in Lockhart for some of their delicious barbecue.

Lockhart has one of my favorite courthouses in all of Texas (and with 254 counties, that's a lot of courthouses!)

By the time we got to the river, there was only time to float the horseshoe. The river is really low and slow, but that was okay. We had a cooler full of beer and were happy to kick back and enjoy the afternoon. Much to the Professor's disappointment, no one was showing off body parts. Other than the liberal use of the F-word, everyone was very well behaved. And I received cheers when I announced to the Professor, apparently a little more loudly than I realized, "You may be the Designated Driver, but I'm the Designated Drunk."

We went to Gruene, the town that advertises itself as "Gently resisting change since 1872".


We had a fabulous dinner at the Gristmill, wandered around a little, then set off for San Antonio to get a hotel room. Small problem: there were 25,000 Lutherans in town for a convention. There wasn't a room available within 100 miles. We finally stopped in Weimar and stayed at the most perfectly-named hotel I have ever found:

Unfortunately, the kolaches they advertised as breakfast turned out to be packaged cinnamon rolls,so we stopped at the Rainforest Cafe for an early lunch.

posted at 4:53 AM
Comments (5)



5 Comments:
At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that courthouse looks amazing, it's like a huge church from the outside.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger gal artist said...

Sounds like you had a nice time.

:)

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See... that was our problem i guess.... We skipped the cooler full of beer....

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, my goodness! Kolaches. Why I haven't had one of these since childhood!! My parents were neighbors to a Bohemian family and could that woman make kolaches!!!!! Her raspberry filled one....oh shoot--*drooling*

Sounds like an awesome weekend. And San Antoino is filled with people anyway, the visitors surely didn't need another 25,000 more to contend with, huh?!!!

Love the designated drunk too!!! roflmao

Thanks for visiting, I just added another blog about Monday Memories.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Tracy S said...

lol ya'll are funny. I am glad you had fun. I hope you guys did not get as burned as we did. We laughed when we drove by that Czech Inn.. We thought it was perfectly-named as well. Too bad they did not have some nice homeade Kolaches...mmm how good would that have been?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Saturday Photo Hunt: Doors
Thursday Thirteen
Wordless Wednesday:Balloon Ride in Africa
Oh Deer!
Saturday Photo Hunt: Signs
Thursday Thirteen
Wordless Wednesday
The IRS Has Morals?
Saturday Photo Hunt: Automobiles
Thursday Thirteen



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: