Saturday, November 10, 2007
A Very Long Week
I had to leave for a sales meeting last Sunday and just got home last night. Meetings are always a mixture of good and bad: it's good to see the other salesmen, but it's bad to be away from customers for so long, especially when you're in a different time zone and the only time you can try to reach them by phone is when they are at lunch.

The hotel was pretty crappy. One guy showed us -- fortunately not until the last morning, when we had all checked out -- a picture of a bedbug that he took with his cell phone. Of course we ate and drank too much, and of all things, I won something called The President's Award, which comes with a ring, a certificate and some cash. This has long been a big deal to the company that bought us 11 years ago, but no one from my particular part of the company has ever won it before. When they gave it to me I was speechless for probably the first time in my life. There are guys who have been there much longer and sold much more, but apparently I represent the new business model. The big boss said that long before they went to the team concept of sales, I was a team player -- in fact, he said I made one guy, now retired, a very wealthy man. It has to do with specifications and territories and is way too complicated to explain.

It doesn't look like they did anything on the house while I was gone. They did finish the stucco, but the carpenter apparently wasn't here at all. A while back they put a door on the guest bath and I was so thrilled that I had privacy again --- but then they pulled the commode so they could tile the floor, and they never put it back. The Professor says the plumbers are supposed to be here today to reinstall the commode, put in the kitchen faucet and hook up the dishwasher. No one has installed the cooktop or the ovens, or the hearth in front of the fireplace, or the new stairs and bannister, or .... well, I could go on and on.

But the good news is that I don't have to go out of town next week as I had planned. I really need a little time to regroup and to start kicking the builder's butt. I have been way too nice and accepted things, but now it looks like they are going to ruin Christmas for me by not being done in time. You do NOT mess with my Christmas. No more patient nice guy ---Dr. Jekyll is about to become Ms. Hyde. I will make his life hell until he gets the full crew back out here and gets the house done. Christmas is my very favorite time of year and I am not letting them take that away from me.

Strapping on my six-guns .... working up to my full bitchiness potential ... stay tuned for the results....

posted at 4:40 AM
Comments (3)



3 Comments:
At 7:55 AM, Blogger deni said...

You tell them!

I hope you light a match under them and they get the work done.

Congrats on the award, that's awesome!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Star said...

Give 'em hell MM. And congratulations on the award.

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet these folks would love to see the new outside color / roof / counters / chimney / etc...

Get your camera out and make some new posts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

It Was a Treat!
Funerals are for the Families
Made Me Laugh
Did I Really Say That?
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Kitchen
Driven to Poetry
Well, At Least My Life Is Interesting
Some Expensive Evening
Notes From the Front Lines
Coasters and Bathrooms and Meetings, Oh My!



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: