Tuesday, October 18, 2005
What Is The Matter With This Woman!
For the last couple of years, I was Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer of a professional organization, not by choice, believe me. I finally got to hand all those jobs off to new people, most of whom are very competent. But the new Treasurer... grrrrrrr.

We weren't able to get together until the day I left on vacation. She picked the place, she picked the time: a restaurant at 11:00. (My flight was at 3:00.) That morning she called and said she was tied up, but would be there by noon. I replied I would be gone by noon. Okay, she would be there by 11:30. I waited in the parking lot -- about 11:40 she called me because she was at the wrong restaurant (remember, she picked the place) -- when she found out where I was she said "Well, I won't make you leave; I'll come there". Big of her, right?

Okay, so she finally gets there. I stay past noon, showing her all the things she needs to be aware of. One of them is the post office box key, which has a paper tag with the address of the post office on it, plus I give her directions. She writes this down in her notebook. I tell her she has to pay for the box in September or they will put a lock on it. I sign a check for that purpose, since she has not been "able" to meet with me sooner to get her signature on the checking account.

This morning I found a message on my phone. It was long and rambling and I couldn't listen to all of it. I got too angry when I heard the treasurer say that she hadn't been to the post office because she doesn't know where it is! This woman is in a sales/service position. If she listens to her clients like she listens to me, then all I can say is :

"Jane, you ignorant slut, who did you sleep with to get this job?!!!"

(Give yourself points if you know where that quote comes from.)

posted at 7:08 AM
Comments (9)



9 Comments:
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Ally said...

I don't know where the quote is from, but I'd be having exactly the same reaction!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Bitch from Hell said...

mornin' sunshine :)
thank you for your words of wisdom, I tell ya i just know he is rebelling . funny......my mother always said "i pray that one day you have children, and they act just like you" **gasp** the mothers curse works, but i never said these types of things untill i was like 15 or 16... he is 11. so i sit baffled as to how to handle it. but , isn't parenting a constant learning experience?
as for your co worker.... omg i feel for ya. just take it all in stride hun, we cant all be ever- sweet and charming, can we? lol
chat soon, have a better week.......
:)

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Star said...

I know! I know! How many points do I get? Deny the urge to save this woman. She wanted to be treasurer. Let her figure it out!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Beanhead said...

Not sure where the quote is from, but I about spit my drink all over my computer when I read it.

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

 
At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know that quote, it's being said to jc by da, won't leave any more initials!
am i showing my age now?

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it too! :-)
I hear your pain, I work for a non profit with a revolving board....every year a new set of officers...it isn't pretty.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Bitch from Hell said...

my turn! my turn! streching finger so as to poke you in ribs....tag you are it...go to my blog and do a to z meme pls.....
no post today huh? i will check in tomorrow, hope your week is going better....

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Tracy S said...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 'STROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOO HOOOOOO !!! Thats what I'm Talkin about :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Tough Loss!
Meme'd!
Friday's Flowers
Monday Morning Ramblings
Transylvania
I Feel Pretty -- Oh, So Pretty
We All Do It
The Great Train Caper
Here is one the places I've always wanted to see, ...
A Day in London



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: