Sunday, November 06, 2005
Mitey Mite Cooks!
We have a very prolific lemon tree, so at this time of year I am finding lots of ways to use lemons. Last night I made an old stand-by, Lemon Beef Steak.

Ingredients:
1 lb. sirloin steak
3 tblsp. butter
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1-1/2 cup beef stock
2 medium tomatoes, peeled & cut in wedges
2 tblsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp.salt
Cooked noodles

Cut the meat into 2-1/2" strips; brown quickly in the butter & remove from heat. Season with salt & paprika. Arrange onion & lemon slices over meat; add 3/4 cup beef stock. Cover & simmer 20-25 minutes. Add tomato wedges & simmer about 2 minutes more. Remove meat & vegetables from pan; keep warm. Discard lemon. Combine cornstarch, salt & 3/4 cup beef stock, stir into pan juices till thick & bubbly. Put meat atop noodles, pour sauce over all, sprinkle with parsley and serve.




It makes a nice presentation. Kids like this, I think because of the noodles.

The Professor is on a dive trip to Borneo, so I had Guppyman, PresentStorm & the Little Angel over to enjoy this with me.
The L.A. and I made bread earlier in the day, and we had pumpkin bread with whipped cream AND ice cream on it for dessert.



When I took a picture of the food before I served it, Stormii said she could tell I am now officially hooked on blogging. Poor thing, she was so stopped up she couldn't breathe, and then she put her foot in her mouth big time. She was telling me that some lady at work thinks Guppy has a sexy voice, even though "She's old enough to be his grandmother -- about 60." Um, Stormii, how old am I? I thought that was funny, but you can bet I'm going to give her a hard time about it for the rest of her life.


This is why I was in a good mood. I always enjoy spending time with the L.A.
And yes, that is a parsley bouquet she's holding. It was being sent home to the guinea pigs, but the L.A. discovered she really liked parsley and was eating it for dessert. She is at the age where she is going to give you goofy faces instead of smiles, but I still think she's adorable.

posted at 4:55 AM
Comments (9)



9 Comments:
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Beanhead said...

Wow I wanna come over for dinner...:) That looks great!

Cute pic even with the silly face.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Tracy S said...

Um..I was sick and my head wasn't clear ..yeah thats it ..lol
Thats my story and I'm stickin to it ..lol

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Star said...

You are right. She is quite adorable!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

dang: I'd eat that for breakfast too.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Indeterminacy said...

Congratulations on winning our blog battle. Do I get consolation prize? A couple of helpings of your Lemon Beef Steak would be just fine.

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, you're very own lemon tree, nice!
i don't know what i'd think of doing if i had a supply of lemons like that, guess there's only so much lemonade you can make.
your little l.a. is adorable, looks like a smile to me.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Bitch from Hell said...

oh my, how jealous i am! i have tried to grow a lemon tree, but it just isnt warm enough here in washington state...
would it cost an arm and a leg to have you send us siome lemons? let me know ... if its not too bad, i'd pay... :)

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Ramona said...

I'm so envious that you have a lemon tree in your yard!
And that dish looks scrumtious. I am a sucker for anything lemony and parsleyish.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Ally said...

Oh my. That looks FANTASTIC! My personal chef / husband has had the temerity to go away for a few nights this week - do you think you could pop round? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning
Chula
How to Stop the Hurricanes
Cars, Wrecks and Road Trips
So What's Your Sign?
Farewell to Astroworld
First Kiss With a Twist
Here's to the Good Guys
The Glamorous Life of a Salesman
What Is The Matter With This Woman!



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: