Saturday, October 29, 2005
So What's Your Sign?

Why didn't they do this when I was in high school?!!

This is an old picture, but I just ran across it & wanted to share.







My good buddy Caralyn at Fig-Fat Meanie tagged me to do this meme.

A to Z meme

A - Age of your first kiss: Spin-the-bottle kind -- don't know; meaningful one, see "First Kiss " post below
B - Band you are listening to right now: Ray Charles
C - Crush: George Clooney
D - Dad's name: Frank
E - Easiest person to talk to: The Professor (as long as it's not politics)
F - Favorite ice cream: chocolate chip
G - Gummy worms or Gummy bears?: neither! Gummy -- eeeuw!
H - Hometown: Seabrook TX, a small suburb on the southeast side of Houston
I - Instruments: I can play "Chopsticks" on the piano -- does that count?
J - Junior High: Edward Carey, Dallas, TX. Funny thing about that was that they'd had us in the high school since 8th grade -- finally finished the junior high & stuck us in there for the last semester of 9th grade -- as you can imagine we were irate -- but since it forced me to notice the boys my own age, it was the best thing for my social life for the next 3 years
K - Kids: 3, ages 40, 38, 33 (still can't believe I have kids that old!)
L - Longest car ride: New York to Houston; Dallas to San Francisco -- too lazy to look up the miles and see which one was the longest
M - Mom's name: Lily
N – Nicknames: Shortstuff, Smurf, Scarlett
O - One wish: Hate to sound like a Miss America contestant, but my one wish would be that no child would ever have to feel pain again
P - Phobia: snakes
Q - Quote: "100% of the shots you don't take, don't go in." (Wayne Gretzky)
R - Reasons to smile: my grandchildren, flowers, sunrises, music
S - Scent: vanilla, cinnamon, orange; perfume, L'Air du Temps, Estee, Jessica McClintock
T - Time you woke up today: 5:00am
U - Unknown fact about me: I was born in Queens N.Y. and lived on LonGisland until I was 8.
V - Values: Honesty; the Golden Rule; we were put on earth to help each other
W - Worst luck with: Until the Professor came along, with men (and there are moments when I'm not so sure my luck has changed!)
X-rays you've had: mouth, face, right wrist
Y - Years since you've been to church: Less than one -- I'm one of those Episcopalians who's still mad that they changed the prayer book (30 years ago!)
.

posted at 7:03 AM
Comments (12)



12 Comments:
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, what were you doing up so early? :D Have a nice weekend, Michele sent me!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Tracy S said...

lmao That is definately NOT early for her ..lol She slept in today ...



* lovin' the quote *

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Beanhead said...

Now that is a high school worth attending...:)

Love this Meme.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Lonnie said...

Great stuff...

hi from HK

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Ramona said...

Thanks for calling me back to your site! I really enjoyed the Transylvania pics and posts

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger gal artist said...

Hi, found you through Follow That Star.

Very nice blog you have here.

I love the meme, do you mind if I use it?

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would have loved to have gone to that high school, i would have helped out with the enrollment;)

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

Filly registration begins in January.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Bitch from Hell said...

oh i am so happy people like this mame, lol, i thought it was different when i was tagged.... glad i passed it on!!! ty for doing it :)
shortsuff?? are you short? my mother calls me shorty to this day, simply because EVERYONE in my family is at least 6 ft tall, and i am a mere 5 foot 5 ... hmph! chat soon... take it easy

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Guppyman sent me over. Looks like talent runs in the family. Someday we should get together and play chopsticks together! (I know the hard part.) Great blog you have here. I'm going to look around more. Have a great week!

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank god we didn't have new stud registration at my high school. I was already self conscious enough.

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kritter wants to go to Lake now!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Farewell to Astroworld
First Kiss With a Twist
Here's to the Good Guys
The Glamorous Life of a Salesman
What Is The Matter With This Woman!
Tough Loss!
Meme'd!
Friday's Flowers
Monday Morning Ramblings
Transylvania



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: