Thursday, October 27, 2005
Farewell to Astroworld
Last Sunday we went to Astroworld for the last time. The land is now more valuable than the revenues they can get from the park, so they will tear everything down. We were not the only ones wanting to say goodbye; the lines were longer than I've seen them in years. Of course, it also made things worse that there was hardly anybody working at the park.

The Little Angel was with me, along with my #1 daughter, her husband, and my #3 granddaughter. First we rode the Viper, which is simply my all-time favorite roller coaster. The L.A. was fine with that -- we had to coax her on it last year, but of course she loved it once she rode it. She was too little to ride Batman, so I took her over to Looney Tunes while the others got their ride. She really thought she wanted to ride the rides there, so she got on the Spaceship.



It went around in circles five or six times. When she got off, L.A. said "I didn't know it would be so boring." I also had the thrill of some kid hurling almost at my feet, which nearly set me off. (All these kids & grandkids, and I still can't handle vomit!)

We rode a few other things and then went to the piece de resistance, the Cyclone. I know I said the Viper is my all-time favorite, but okay, I have two all-time favorites. The saddest thing is knowing there won't be any more wooden roller coasters built.



Well, the L.A. started getting really schizzy about riding this, even though she had ridden it once before on a school field trip and claimed to love it. First I told her they were going to take our picture, and when she is as old as I am she can show her granddaughter the picture and tell her how much fun it was. No sale. Then I told her it would be really selfish of her not to ride, because everyone else really wanted to ride it, and someone would have to miss the ride to stay with her. Still no sale. Then I got mad, and told her okay, fine, we won't ride this, but I will never take her to Disney World again, because I am not about to miss Space Mountain and the Rock'n Roller Coaster because she is being a drama queen. News flash: threats sometimes work!

For some reason, the scan I did of our picture on the Cyclone won't open, but in it I am grinning from ear to ear and the L.A. is leaning over toward me and looking anxious. The instant those lights flashed, she sat up straight, threw her hands in the air and started laughing. We got off the ride with her declaring that this is the best ride in the whole world. A few minutes later she teared up and when I asked what was the matter she said "I'm going to miss this ride". Like I said, Drama Queen --- but she's so darn cute. I may try to get her away from her mother on Saturday and just go ride those two roller coasters over and over.




posted at 3:36 PM
Comments (4)



4 Comments:
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... I know that Little Angel.....

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Tracy S said...

lol that is funny that YOU of all people resorted to a threat to the lil angel ..lol Seeeee sometimes it is just what is needed.....I am glad to hear that the lil cutie is quite the drama queen ...That is one more less person she has fooled :) I must say though ...It is hard to resist her charms when she is being so darn cute sometimes .

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Tracy S said...

um lemme rephrase ...damn I should have proofread my post before clicking to send ..lol ".I am glad to hear that the lil cutie is quite the drama queen"
should have read ....

".I am glad to hear that you can see the lil cutie is quite the drama queen"

wow how leaving out a few words can totally change the meaning of something ..lol OOOppps :)

 
At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's so sad they are tearing it down. we have a drive in theatre close to us, it's the only left in ontario. when we got a new hockey arena in the city, years ago, they actually auctioned off the seats. maybe they will do the same, you could get a section of the roller coaster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

First Kiss With a Twist
Here's to the Good Guys
The Glamorous Life of a Salesman
What Is The Matter With This Woman!
Tough Loss!
Meme'd!
Friday's Flowers
Monday Morning Ramblings
Transylvania
I Feel Pretty -- Oh, So Pretty



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: