Friday, March 03, 2006
T.G.I.F.
It's been a really busy week. I've had lots of good meals as I take customers to lunch, but there has been so much going on, I can't get it all done. I think that's job security ... anyway, I know I am happier and more efficient when I have a lot to do.

My boss wanted some good stories about how we get new business. I said heck, I don't know what I do, I think it's the people at the factory who actually get us the business. He said, don't be so modest, brag a little. Then he put out a phone message to all the salesmen asking for stories, and clarified a bit what he was looking for. So I gave him a couple of stories to work with. Now he leaves me a message saying thanks for the stories, no one else gave me anything, guess the guys are all too modest to take credit for their efforts! Is this damned if you do and damned if you don't, or what?

Actually, my boss has told me more than once that he loves to read my call reports. I write them just like they happened: customer said this, I said that, then I noticed something and suggested...etc. God love him, my boss was a super salesman who did such an incredible job that they created a management position for him. His heart is still in sales, so he likes my call reports because they make him feel like he is making the sales call with me. Or, as I told the Professor, a lot of my success is due to the fact that I can tell my boss a good story whenever I need to!

posted at 5:21 AM
Comments (4)



4 Comments:
At 7:44 AM, Blogger vanx said...

Well, have good weekend. And tell us a story about it.
Rick

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Just wanted to say Hi and thanks for being such a loyal reader and commentor over at my blog! You are the greatest!! And...a GAG! You are awesome. :)

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

It reminds me of Captain Kirk of the Starship Enterprise. He was so good they made him an Admiral, but his heart was still with all the commanders of the Starships. Eventually they let him be a captain again because that was where he wanted to be....

Nothing like a good salesman. I love sales myself.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Ally said...

*radiates admiration at anyone who can do sales*.

The three of us *hate* selling. I have just written a marketing plan and we have someone coming in tomorrow who we might get to make some calls for us.

[sigh]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Birthday Bash
Open Mouth, Insert Foot
There's Something About French Fries
When Good Ideas Go Bad
Coming Back to Life
My Neighborhood
Gorillas in the Mist
On the Road Again
Blogman and HD and Stormii, Oh My
Happy Birthday PresentStorm!



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: