Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Wow! A New Post At Last!
Oh. My. When did life get so chaotic? I see bloggers everywhere who are taking a break because they don't have time to keep up their posts. My breaks come in the unplanned form. So if anyone is still bothering to check on me after almost two weeks of not posting, I'm still around, just overwhelmed.

As most of you know, my dear DIL Stormii had surgery last Wednesday. I ended up spending a lot of time at the hospital and playing chauffeur to her mother and grandmother so Guppyman could stay at the hospital all night. Work has been busy, too, and I just can't seem to squeeze any extra hours out of the day.

We had a small group (for us) on Easter Sunday, just 15. Only two were little kids; the rest were teenagers and adults who act like little kids. I don't know why, but I seem to have a real affinity for weapons, and I found these cool Nerf pump rockets:

They all seemed to have a terrific time playing with them, and the only casualty was a lamp shade.

Over the years the egg-hunting ritual has become a contest between generations. The adults take a fiendish pride in hiding eggs, and the kids are determined to prove that they are just as devious as their parents. I have learned to count the eggs before they're hidden. Here's why:


Of course, they also found the unexpected:


Don't worry, we had traditional egg-hunting, too:


The Professor and I are going on a long weekend trip tonight to Savannah. Maybe I'll have some good pictures to post next week. Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

posted at 6:40 PM
Comments (4)



4 Comments:
At 1:13 PM, Blogger gal artist said...

I hope Stormii is recovering well from her surgery.

Enjoy your trip to Savannah, be sure to tell us all about it when you get back.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Bitch from Hell said...

welcome back, and see ya next week all in same sentance lolol.
im glad stormi is ok, our thoughts are with ya'all. glad you had fun on easter.... and i so know what you are saying, i have no time to post either.... but i did put up a few new ones in the last week, go check on me ;)
hugs,
caralyn

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Ally said...

Have a lovely weekend!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

How close to the beach do you live? Those trees grow better the closer they are to the beach. We celebrated my daughters birthday on Easter Sunday, as she left town the next day to go work in Atlanta.

Glad you had a great time. I hope Stormie is doing well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Costa Rica Part Dos
Back to Reality
Pass the Celery Sticks, Please
Time Is All We Have
Caught Unprepared
Diary of a Crazed Road Warrior
Numbers and Grammar
Letters from Mwende
T.G.I.F.
Birthday Bash



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: