Sunday, March 26, 2006
Pass the Celery Sticks, Please
As I was cleaning out my closet, I came across the jeans I had saved just to prove to myself that I was once really was that thin. Then I found the pair of jeans that I saved because for years I believed that I would fit back into them "someday". So I did something mortifying: I laid those two pair of jeans on top of the size I wear today. This is how it looks:
Scary, isn't it? Just for the record, I currently have three different sizes of pants that fit exactly the same (none of them, unfortunately, the smaller sizes shown.) I spent some time measuring the larger sizes against the smallest one, and they are all identical in waist and hip. This proves to me that there is no such thing as quality control in the garment industry. (Am I good at rationalizing, or what! I couldn't possibly really need that biggest size!)

I think I will print out this picture and put it on my refigerator. Place your bets on whether I will:
A) Eat less and exercise more
B) Tear up the damn picture!

posted at 10:15 AM
Comments (9)



9 Comments:
At 1:31 PM, Blogger guppyman said...

Oh mom....

It's just more of you to love....

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

That is an awesome motivational picture. I wish I'd saved some of my skinny pants, but geez...it's been so long.

I have a blogger acct. but don't blog there. If you want to visit my site, I'm at:

http://aseason4everything.blogsome.com

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i guess it depends on whether you want to lose the weight or not, if you're not comfortable with the weight you are, then the picture stays, but if you're happy and content with your weight, that pic is going bye bye!

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Ramona said...

I just threw out all my little clothes last week...maybe I should have taken pics of those and put them on the fridge...good idea!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger gal artist said...

I went to put on a pair of jeans this morning and they wouldn't go up past my bottom. Hubby started laughing and told me that I have developed a bit of junk in the trunk.

Of course I gave him the evil eye.

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Bitch from Hell said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Bitch from Hell said...

oh my gosh, girl the first rule of thumb is to never ever lookit at the jeans you used-to-was wear!!! lol, let us know which you decide pic stay or pic rip. lol im sure you look fantastic regardless =) take it easy, hope all is well with you and yours...
caralyn

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Miss Cellania said...

I always get rid of the big jeans when I lose weight, and keep the small jeans when I gain weight. Incentive? I don't know, maybe it would be better to treat myself to a shopping spree when I lose!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Ally said...

I'd be frightened to do this .... !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Mitey Mite

Location:
Texas, United States

I am older than dirt, but I still feel pretty young & some call me the Energizer Bunny. I share a house with the Professor & 3 cats. Between us we have 5 grown children, all of whom are productive members of society (!), and 10 grandchildren. I have a job I love, a little money for the 1st time in my life, and so many more things I want to do than I will ever have time for.

View my complete profile



Blogroll Me!

BlogExplosion

Time Is All We Have
Caught Unprepared
Diary of a Crazed Road Warrior
Numbers and Grammar
Letters from Mwende
T.G.I.F.
Birthday Bash
Open Mouth, Insert Foot
There's Something About French Fries
When Good Ideas Go Bad



September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009

Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: